Thursday, September 06, 2007

Round Up

I am back at work with new enthusiasm since my attempt to jump into a new orbit at work. My client load is at exactly 20 clients and the pace is a almost (but not quite) fast.

Accompanied a client to the local Ontario Works (welfare) office yesterday. I picked her up at 1 p.m. because her appointment was for 1:30 p.m. When we got there we were told the intake worker would see my client at 2 p.m. Okay, no problem. We stepped out for a cup of coffee.

We came back at 2 p.m. and finally left the OW offices at 3:30 p.m.!! Yep, one-and-a-half hours to re-instate my client into the system. Ah, to be a government clerk is to know a different kind of joy.

On the home front: We are getting back into the routines which will see us through the winter months. To bed after dark and out of bed before the light. Not looking forward to winter. Tarah and Seth continue to say and do amazing things and some not so amazing but just annoying things. But there is no greater joy than lying couch and cuddling with the little twerps.

Went shopping across the border on Tuesday with my niece. Didn't really find much but it was a nice getaway and I actually loved the food at the Olive Garden. Went into all these stores: Hollister, Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, American Eagle, JCrew and some others and ALL, I mean ALL these stores had exactly the same damn clothes! And Everyone at the malls was wearing the exact same type of clothes - yes, including me. For a culture that prides itself on individualism there sure seems to be little enough of it around.

No comments: