Monday, December 31, 2018

My Book List, 2018

Following is a list of books I've read in 2018 using the Toronto Public Library's reading app -- Libby.  There a handful of other "actual" books which I read this year, unfortunately, I didn't keep track of these.

This list is in chronological order with the last read at the top and first read at the bottom of the list.  Looking over the list, I realized that I read a damn lot of science fiction and wartime memoirs.  Note to self: must diversify in 2019.

My ratings "system" should be suspect as I only choose to read books which I'm likely to enjoy in the first place and I usually drop books that don't entertain or interest me after the first few pages...and these are not listed here.

Author

Title Rating Type
1 Kress, Nancy Probability Space 4/5 Science Fiction
2 Kress, Nancy Probability Sun 3.5/5 Science Fiction
3 Kress, Nancy Probability Moon 4/5 Science Fiction
4 Kress, Nancy After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall 4/5 Science Fiction
5 Chivers, C.J. The Fighters 3/5 History, Military, Biography
6 Blehm, Eric Legend 4/5 History, Military, Vietnam
7 Moore, Billy A Prayer Before Dawn 3/5 Memoir, Thailand
8 Woodward, Bob Fear: Trump in the White House 3.5/5 Politics, Non-Fiction
9 VanderMeer, Jeff Annihilation 4/5 Science Fiction
10 Wood, Levinson Walking the Nile 3/5 Travel, Memoir
11 Strand, Mark Collected Poems 5/5 Poetry
12 Adiga, Aravind The White Tiger 3/5 Fiction
13 Crace, Jim The Pesthouse 4/5 Fiction
14 Marlantes, Karl Matterhorn 5/5 Fiction, Vietnam War
15 Dozois, Gardner The Year's Best Science Fiction, 34th 3/5 Science Fiction
16 Lindhout, Amanda A House in the Sky 5/5 Memoir
17 Le Carre, John A Legacy of Spies 4/5 Fiction, Spy
18 Sheehan, Neil A Bright Shining Lie 4/5 Biography, Vietnam War
19 Junger, Sebastian War 3.5/5 History, Military, Afghanistan
20 Schmidt, B.T. Infinite Stars 3/5 Science Fiction
21 Roam, Dan The Back of the Napkin 3.5/5 Business
22 Lane, Andrew Netherspace 3/5 Science Fiction
23 Herbert, Frank Heretics of Dune 5/5 Science Fiction

No comments: