Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dune...Arrakis!!

The late Frank Herbert, author of the original Dune series, just keeps on giving. There are not many authors that have gripped my imagination and aided my growth as much as Frank Herbert has throught his Dune trilogy and beyond.

I first read Dune in high school -- sitting at the back of the cafeteria engrossed in the feudal universe that revolved around the all important spice.

After Herbert's death, his son (Brian Herbert) and co-author (Kevin J. Anderson) wrote 6 prequels to the original series of novels. While these novels were good mostly due to my familiarity and nostalgia for the originals, it is to my great pleasure that I have come upon this news:

Hunters of Dune and the concluding volume, Sandworms of Dune, bring together the great story lines and beloved characters in Frank Herbert's classic Dune universe, ranging from the time of the Butlerian Jihad to the original Dune series and beyond. Based directly on Frank Herbert's final outline, which lay hidden in a safe-deposit box for a decade, these two volumes will finally answer the urgent questions Dune fans have been debating for two decades.


Are you kidding me? Did someone put melange in my coffee? Run people, run to your nearest bookstore!

This from Amazon.ca: This title will be released on August 22, 2006.

No comments: